06 August 2014

Our perfect day in the Midlands

Ahh ... the Midlands.  The little green belt of KZN.  One of the best things about living in the Midlands, is that there is SO much to do and see.  There really is.  We are spoilt for choice with amazing restaurants, coffee shops, gift shops, lodges, Spa's, out door activities - the list is endless and it keeps on growing.  From Spring through Winter, there is always something to do!  How lucky are we to have that on our doorstep.

This is a rough guide to my idea of a  perfect day in the Midlands.



To have a Breakfast feast

I love a good market, and the Karkloof Farmers market is the perfect place to visit for breakfast on a Saturday..  Fresh fruit juice, coffee, egg and bacon brekkies, tarts, pies, sweet treats, fresh treats - it's a foodie heaven and a lovely start to a morning with lots of little stalls to browse through while you fill up.

To be outdoors.

I once climbed the famous Dargle mountain - iNhlozane.  I did.  It was tough and there were a few moments where I questioned my sanity as well as my 'planning' (there was none) but once I got to the top - incredible.  The view was stunning and so worth the effort and the, at times, hard going.  On a clear day in the Midlands, you really can see forever.

To relax in good company

My secret perfect meal is pizza with an ice cold beer.  It's true.  I love it and I have found the most amazing place right here in the Midlands that serves both!.  Il Postino, out on the Dargle road, serves up the most delicious pizzas with fabulous topping combinations.  I love the atmosphere there, it's local, lekker and a great place to meet old friends and make new ones.

On the bucket list...
For the Midlands, is to visit Rockwood Forest Lodge in the Karkloof  Nature reserve.  It looks beautiful and I think could be the perfect place to relax and as they say - choose to be as active as you wish!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...