19 June 2014

Feature on Creative - Stuff from Africa

How exciting our bright & fun new range of gift wrap & cards arrived yesterday! Below Georgina from Stuff from Africa let's us in on their business secrets...

1. How did Stuff from Africa start? 
I was retrenched from working as a strategic planner at a well known Cape Town Advertising agency, and I wanted to do something for myself. And Stuff From Africa slowly began…

2. What is the concept behind the business?
Happy Stationary for happy people.

3. Who are the artists behind the beautiful cards & gift wrap? 
The number of artists is slowly growing.. And we have big plans for the next few years. Adri & Gorge – this is me and a wonderful friend of mine. Karen Vermeulen Maria Lebedeva Patrick Latimer Alistair Ackerman Pete Woodbridge Gemma Orkin And Tracy Paul

4. Describe your business in 3 words?
Bold. Fun. African.

5. Where do you see Stuff from Africa in the next year?
Still designing cards and wrap that appeal obviously, but hopefully lots more collaborations with wonderful South African artists, as well as artists from other parts of Africa.

 6. What is the most valuable lesson you've learnt in running your business? 
Hard work. Just do it. There is no way around it.

7. Where do you find inspiration for your business? 
From the people I work with. South Africa is an inspirational place. So many people being creative and doing it for themselves.


 8. What’s your - 
Top Song – depends on my mood .. But I always like a good boogie in my office, when I need some inspiration.
Top Food - French cooking .. There is nothing like a good rich sauce on a piece of sirloin.
Top beverage – A glass of French champagne, whenever I am offered, I can never refuse. Any offers?
Top Place – anywhere to be honest - when with a good pal or my partner David, or my sister Sam – cheesy I know, but when with people you love, even a bad place can be good.
Top movie – too many.. Here is a mini list - Juno. Shawshank Redemption, of course. any movie by Pedro Almodovar, Schindlers List always makes me cry, that end scene too much. Seabuscuit, I love a good tale. Lots of amazing foreign movies.. I love a subtitle.

9. Imagine you are heading out for dinner with a bunch of famous bods - who would be sitting around the table with you? 
Nelson Mandela, Oscar Wilde, Winston Churchill, Ghandi, Bill Clinton, Leonard de Vinci, Charles Darwin, William Shakespear, Oprah Winfrey – you know just a few unknowns..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...