08 December 2014

Feature on Creative - Kierrin from Just Dandy

We first met Kierrin, designer, maker and creator of  'Just Dandy' products at The Hilton Arts Festival, she had a stall full of brilliant creative products that immediately caught our eye!  Kierrin went on to attend our 'In Store' Workshop in October and then had a one-one consultation with us to review and improve her range and work through her costings for prepare her for wholesaling.  She is going from strength to strength with her lovely products, which we now stock at The Ruby Orchard - yay!!

Her range of products is vast, we love Kierrin's wood burnt products in particular.  The D’angelion collection consists of 7 angels: Angel of Joy, Angel of creativity, Angel of Courage, Angel of Peace, Angel of Hope, Angel of Serenity and the Angel of Love. They make such sweet gifts or a Christmas decoration.


We caught up with Kierrin this week to ask her a few questions for our 'Feature on Creative' series - here she is!


1// How did your business begin? When / where / how did it all start?

 My Business started in December 2013 on a whim. I had always wanted to own an Arts & Crafts Business and since I was taking a Gap Year, I had the opportunity to start it. Over the last few years, people have shown an interest in buying my artworks and it encouraged me to explore creating things for a wider market. Truth be told, my own business started at the age of 8 when I started making and selling cards to family and friends.

 2// Why do you do what you do?

 I do what I do because it excites my spirit and passion. I have a passion for what I do and I have since I was 18 months old. I do what I do because I want to share my passion with other people and each time someone buys my product, they buy a piece of my passion.

 3// When you were younger what did you want to be when you grew up?!

 Besides the clichéd Ballet Dancer, Actress and singer. I have always wanted to be a business woman and wanted to create something unique. At first I wanted to go into event planning, weddings or stationery.

 4// What inspires you when designing new products?

 A lot of things inspire me. I think about my target market and new trends. I try take my designs from there but key factors that affect the design of new products are nature, the African culture, and dreamland. A lot of my designs come to me in dreams.

 5// What are your hopes and dreams for your products?

 I hope that people will get as much joy out of owning my products as I did out of creating them. My dream was to have my products in a shop like The Ruby Orchard and I was blessed to have been given the opportunity.

 6// What’s the most valuable lesson you’ve learnt so far in your business journey? Definitely being organised and taking criticism.

 7// Why should our customers buy your products?

 When people buy one of my products they buy a piece of passion and not just a means to a profit.

 8// What’s your favourite product from your line?

 My D’angelion Collection has to be my favourite product as I designed them, I created the stories behind them, and they are unique and have a special place in my heart.

 9// About you? What's your - Top Song? Top Food? Top beverage? Top Place? Top movie?

 I am passionately curious about life. I love all of the arts. I am a sporty girl. I am a complete socialite.
My favourite song has to be “I see Fire” – Ed Sheeran.
My Favourite food – SUSHI. My favourite beverage - Coffee! (I can’t go a day without it.).
My Top Place has to be The Kruger National Park
My top movie has to be The Lord of the Rings Trilogy!

 10// And lastly imagine you are heading out for dinner with a bunch of creative geniuses - who would be sitting around the table with you?

 • Leonardo De Vinci • Einstein • Jane Austen • Stan lee • Salvador Dali • Bob Marley • Jack Black

Wood burnt block just R40 - in store now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...